CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Saturday, September 18, 2010

1968 Schwinn Fastback 5 speed


































































































I always wanted a black Fastback, so when I saw this one on Craigslist I jumped in the car at 8pm and drove 45 minutes to check it out. I remember the seller wanted way more than I was willing to pay for the bike in the condition it was in at the time, so I told the seller I honestly thought he was asking too much for the bike, and I told him what offers he could expect to get for it etc. Before I left I made him an offer and told him to try to sell the bike at his price but if in a week or 2 he still had the bike to give me a call and I would honor my offer. Anyway, a week to the day later my phone rang and I found myself back at his house picking up the bike. Here are a few before and after shots of the bike. It cleaned up pretty well in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment