CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate w/ Pogo Seat Post



































































Saw this bike on ebay and it was local so I contacted the seller and asked him if he had any other bikes. He told me he had a restored Cotton Picker and a Lemon Peeler, and he told me I could come by his bike shop in Northern NJ anytime if I wanted to check out any of the bikes. I honestly had no intention of going to see the bikes, but by chance I was out running around with my girlfriend and I just happened to find myself a few blocks away from his shop so I decided I might as well stop in. So , I walk in and introduce myself and ask him about seeing the bikes and he tells me he only has the orange krate at the shop and it's outside in his van, so we go get the bike and I end up signing into his ebay account and ending the auction and leaving his shop with the bike lol. The day after I get the bike home the guy emails me and gives another guys email stating that the other guy was pissed that he ended the auction and he wanted to buy the bike from me for considerably more than I paid for it, but I decided to keep the bike.

This bike came with the original seat and a reproduction Persons seat as well. I like it with the old seat so the Persons is hanging on the wall in my bike room.

No comments:

Post a Comment