CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Monday, September 13, 2010

1968 24" Sears Spyder 5 speed


































































































Man this one was one dirty bike when I got it. The seller had it on ebay with about 4 pictures and it looked great so I hit his buy it now and headed out on a 3+ hour round trip to East Stroudsburg PA to pick up the bike. I paid through paypal and the seller gave me his address and said he wouldn't be home but the bike would be under a tarp on his back deck. Well, I get out to East Stroudsburg following my GPS and suddenly I am on a dead end street and it is not the street I need to be on lol. After following the GPS around in circles for a 1/2 hour leading me right back to the same dead end street, I decided to called the seller and luckily he was home and was able to direct me to his house.

Anyway, I pull up and the bike is in the front yard and I take one look at it and immediately regret buying it and I am trying to figure out how can I get my money back for this thing. I mean there was corrosion on the rims that I never thought would come off, it wasn't even rust, it was something else all together lol. So after about 10 minutes of looking at the bike and looking completely unhappy I loaded it in the car for the long ride of shame back to NJ.

Well, to make a long story short I somehow got every bit of that rust or whatever it was off the bike and I didn't spend another cent replacing any parts on this bike. In the end it came out great and I think I will keep it for many years to come.

Here's a before and some afters. Can you believe I got all that crap off the rim, and you would never know it had been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment