CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Monday, September 13, 2010

1967 Schwinn 3 speed Deluxe Stingray















































































Here's one I found on ebay for a very good price.The bike looked pretty bad in the ebay pictures, but luckily whoever owned it before me put grease or oil all over the paint and chrome at some point in time so there was not a spot of rust on this bike when I got it. The most incredible thing is that this bike was not destroyed in shipping. As you can see from the pictures the guy threw it in a box with no packing materials whatsoever and had the pedals loose in the box. The goose neck screw was lost in transit through one of the many holes in the box. I had to replace the seat with a Pete seat and add a new decal to the guard, and some Schwinn white wall tires to make it complete, but it came out better than I could have ever dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment