CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1972 Columbia 3 Speed






































Here's one that I found when I went to a guys house to pick up a set of tires. He had a lot of balloon tire bikes and just this one muscle bike sitting in his garage. When he offered it to me , I initially declined and headed home with the tires only, but couldn't get the bike out of my head so I ended up calling him a few days later and asking if his offer still stood and when he said yes I ran back over there and grabbed the bike. The bike is very minty and all original.

2 comments:

  1. This is the bike I had! Except mine was yellow. Would have been a 1971 I believe. It only had the left (front) hand break. The rear brake was on the peddle. I finally found my exact bike on someone's flickr account just before seeing this one. Is this one for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not selling this one. Chances are the bike you found on flicker was mine also. I had a yellow Columbia just as you describe but I sold it last year.

    ReplyDelete