CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Thursday, September 16, 2010

1972 Ross Apollo 3 Speed






































For at least 2 years I was trying to find a Ross Apollo with a large console shifter, but there were 2 collectors ,one in Ca and the other in NY who were buying up every Apollo that hit the market. After a while I had totally given up on the idea of ever sneaking a bike past one of these guys when one day I received an off from my man on the East Coast to purchase one of his duplicates. Anyway, I was so excited I ran out to the bank grabbed a stack of cash and ran out to Long Island to pick this one up. It was worth the cash in the end because I became good friends with the seller and we have exchanged a few more bikes and many parts over the years, and have even gone on a few bike adventures together.

4 comments:

  1. I had this exact bike as a kid. And though as an adult I became an avid cycler, touring across the US and Canada and owning scores of high end bikes, this has always been my all time favorite. I would love to own another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bike...cool that it brings back good memories. I had a bunch of Apollos over the years, but at this point I sold all but two of my bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too had this exact bike, 1971 I believe. Coolest bike ever! My father gave it to me for my 7th birthday. He purchased it with S&H green stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just received an apollo. 1972 i think. it has reflectors on the forks.

    ReplyDelete