CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1972 Penny's Apollo 5 Swinger






































Here's a bike I built from the frame up. I was hanging at a friends house and he gave me this frame to hang on the wall in my bike room, however I had always wanted one of these bikes so I decided to see if I could gather up enough correct parts to build a complete bike. As luck would have it, I quickly located a parts bike on craiglist that I was able to use the seat, sissy bar etc from and my friend sold me the rest of the parts I needed to complete the bike. I'm happy with how it came out...I love bringing these old bikes back from the dead.

2 comments:

  1. how do you take off the pedals im trying to fix my ross bike and im havin trouble with the pedals

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pedals are reverse threaded. Try turning them in the opposite direction than you normally would.

    ReplyDelete