CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

Saturday, February 26, 2011

1969 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed





















































































When it rains it pours I guess. I had been looking for a raleigh Chopper for years, and now within a month I have uncovered 2 nice ones for the collection. I found this 3 speed on the Long Island NY Craigslist. The bike was about an hour away without traffic but unfortunately there is always traffic when you are trying to cross Manhattan into Long Island so I made a call to friend on the island and he agreed to pick the bike up for me.

The bike itself is in pretty nice shape for an unmolested 42 year old bicycle. Everything is original on this one and all I did was clean it up, get some rust off of her and put her in the lineup, however it did take over an hour of banging and lubing ( dirty mind moment ) to get the sissybar out of the frame :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What is a bike like this one worth? I have found one in original condition, has been inside for years.chain gard is missing.seat has rip.

      Delete